DTC-Xen / Dom0 Howtos
DTC-Xen / DomU Howtos
Wiki - i18n
Wiki - Meta
The panel in general
- Has 3 panels: admin, shared account (client), and email mini-panel
- No special version of the daemons. Can run with virtualy any apache, MySQL, or PHP version.
- Can work with virtualy any Unix system that understands sh and php (however the installer may not be up-to-date for all Unix currently, but this is going to be fixed in the future version, maybe for version 1.0).
- MX and NS backup servers can be setup between 2 DTC panels
- Currently lacks of a reseller interface, but some code is in already to address the gap
- Has REAL TIME support for statistics for all the services (web, mail, ftp) at the user level
- Has domain parking facility (domain aliasing for web, dns and mail)
- Supports up to 12 languages currently, some only with partial support (English, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Portugese are fully translated, or nearly up-to-date, orther languages like simplyfied chinese, russuan, german, etc. need more contributions)
- SSH access per vhosts can be granted, protection done with chroot + chuid (implementation done using NSSMySQL and sudo)
- Supports all web browser including IE, Firefox, Opera, and text browsers like Lynx and Links.
- Can be totally scripted for all the functions of the panel by php, CURL and so on, simply calling an URL.
- optional registrar API (currently Tucows, and partial implementation of webnic)
- supports payment gateways (currently Paypal and eNETS) with IAA (Instant Account Activation)
- Super admin can build hosting plans
- Has a package automatic installer
- anti-spam with support of Amavis, Clamav and Spamassassin
- Support IP that binds on a LAN (behind NAT)
- Can do FTP backup of all your domains and MySQL database, including the dtc one
Apache web server and DNS
- Supports Apache 1.3 or Apache 2
- Has 'cgi wrapper doing chroot, cpu, memory and I/O limitations so it's safe to use CGI under a shared account
- Support dyndns like features with IP update by a tiny client (currently only under Unix, Windows client under development)
- Supports TXT and CNAME records for DNS
- Redirects all pages to a custom 404 page that can be modified
- Supports dynip updates
- Supports non-resolveable domains aliasing (eg: https://dtc.your-domain.com/newdomain.net if newdomain.net does not resolves yet)
The mail system
- Has support for both Qmail and Postfix, and it would be easy to add support for others (like Exim)
- Can work with Qmail-pop3d, Courier pop/imap, Dovecot pop/imap
- Cyrus integration is nearly finished
- Under Postfix, supports virus scanning using amavis + clamav and spam detection and quarantine under un SPAM imap folder using spamassassin (can be (un)activated per mailbox)
- Under Postfix, supports vacation message (send only one for each mail sent by a given contact)
- Mailing List System - The mailing list feature in DTC is a front end for MLMMJ. You can find out more about MLMMJ on the Freshmeat web site here...
- Supports TLS and AUTH for mail (for both Qmail and Postfix)
To be continued
Editing this page means accepting its license.