Account Management - My Account
The My Account section of DTC is broken in to five sections:
- Statistics – Gives an overview of your accounts disk and data usage.
- Past payments – Shows your payment history on your hosting account.
- Add a domain or service – lets you add more domain names or services to your hosting account.
- DNS Nick handles – Lets you create a new Nick Handle for your DNS whois record.
- Name servers – Gives you control over your domains name servers.
My Account Information
- Transfer and disk usage - This screen shows you the disk space and data transfer allocated to your account and how much has been used so far this month.
- Upgrade Account - This feature allows you to upgrade a different hosting product. You would want to do this if your hosting product doesn't provide enough services such as disk space, data transfer, databases or email accounts.
- Renew Account - This feature takes you to the payment screen to make a payment for your hosting service.
- SSL Tokens - A SSL Token is an IP address that has been assigned to your hosting account. If you are using SSL certificates in on your web sites then you will have an IP address allocated for each domain name that uses SSL.
- Your Details - Your contact details are shown.
This screen shows an overview of your accounts disk and data usage.
This screen shows a current month summary. This is useful to help you manage your hosting account usage.
Usage is broken down in to different areas:
- Data Usage – This is the amount of data that is transferred to and from your hosting account by your users and visitors to your web site or email that you get and send.
- HTTP – (or web site traffic) This value gives you a very quick summary of how much data is being used by your web site. If your traffic is larger than you expect, this is a quick way to spot that you’re using more than you’ve budgeted for. This could be caused by having large files, such as PDF documents, on your web site for download. You may also have the opposite issue. This page also gives you the ability to spot quickly if your site is not getting view by many people and you may have a hosting account that is larger than you need. If you need more detailed information about how your site is being used you can use the site statistics features of your hosting. This page is a simply overview only.
- FTP – (File Transfers) You may be using FTP to copy files on to your web site or for your users to download files. The most common use of FTP is to copy your web site files to your web hosting folder on your hosting server. In most cases, the amount of data you’re using for FTP won’t be much when compared to your HTTP (web site traffic).
- Email – this value gives you an overview of how much of your data is being used by email. You can manage email usage by managing the maximum size of the mail boxes you give your users and the maximum size of emails.
- Disk Usage – This is information about how much space your web site, email and databases are using on our hosting server.
- Domain Name files – This is the amount of disk space that your web site and email accounts are using. If your users are using webmail then email is being stored on the server. You may need more disk space in your hosting account. If you are running out of disk space then it is often caused by users leaving to much email on the server.
- Database files – This is the amount of space taken up by databases on our server used by your hosting account. If you’re using a CMS (Content Management System) for your web site then you’re more likely to have bigger databases. Other applications that use database that you might have on your site include systems like a shopping cart.
- Database Disk Usage – This part of the page shows you a break down of your databases and how much space they’re using per database.
Domain name traffic and disk usage – This part of the page shows you a break down of the data usage per domain name in your hosting account. This information can be helpful to manage your disk and traffic usage if you are running more than one web site and/or business from your hosting account.
Past Payments - Invoices
This page is used to keep track of your hosting account payments.
A link is also provided to a PDF invoice that you can download and print for your records.
Add a domain or service
This page is used to add more domain names or upgrade the services on your hosting account. You can use your hosting account to manage more than one web site depending on what hosting products you have purchased.
- Hosting + domain name registration or transfer - Allows you to purchase a new domain name and register it in DTC at the same time.
- Hosting only - This feature allows you to add a new domain name to your list of domains in your hosting account that you have already purchased from another domain name registrar. It is assumed that you have already done the DNS delegation to your dns servers with your registrar.
- Add another service to your account - You can use your Hosting Control Panel account to mange a range of services such as multiple VPS and dedicated server products. The buttons under this heading are used to purchase new products.
Note: If you are wanting to add more disk space or data transfer to your account then you use the "Upgrade my account" option in the My Account information screen.
DNS Nick handles
This screen is used to generate a new nick handle.
Nick handles are associated with domain names and are used by the whois database so you can find out how owns a domain. You need a nick handle to register a domain name.
This screen is used to send “DNS Glue Records” to the registry that DTC uses to register domain names.
You use a glue record if you’re DNS server is providing DNS services to it self.
This is an advanced feature that is provided for site administrators who use DTC to manage their hosting sites.